Nets sign Mario West for rest of season
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — The New Jersey Nets have signed guard Mario West for the final three games of the season.
The team announced the move Sunday without disclosing contract details.
The 6-foot-5, 210-pound West played three seasons with the Atlanta Hawks after signing with them as an undrafted free agent out of Georgia Tech in 2007. He had spent this season with the Maine Red Claws of the NBA Development League before signing with the Nets on March 31.
West has appeared in five games for New Jersey, making three starts and averaging 4 points and nearly 2 rebounds per game. He scored a career-high 13 points in his Nets debut on April 1 against Philadelphia.
New Jersey is 12th in the Eastern Conference at 24-55 entering Sunday's game at Toronto.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 33223Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15512Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9978Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9860Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9472Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8063Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8003Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister