New agency tapped to handle SC's tourism promotion
PRT Director Duane Parrish said the agency will continue its emphasis in advertising on the undiscovered and unique experiences South Carolina offers.
"BFG demonstrated it understands the breadth and depth of this opportunity," he said.
"Our job will be simply uncover these hidden gems and showcase them with all the passion we have for the friendly people, intriguing places and immense opportunities offered throughout this great state," said Kevin Meany, the president and CEO of BFG Communications.
A $2.5 million media campaign gearing up this year is aimed at attracting visitors to lesser-known areas, including smaller towns people bypass on the way to more traditional tourist destinations, state parks, drive-ins, and rural attractions such as the Cherokee Foothills Trail and the Jocassee Gorges.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort