New coach Stotts adds 3 assistant coaches
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Portland Trail Blazers coach Terry Stotts has announced three additions to his coach staff with the hirings of Jay Triano, David Vanterpool and Kim Hughes.
Triano was head coach of the Toronto Raptors for three seasons before becoming the team's vice president of pro scouting last season. He played in three Olympics with Canada's national team.
Vanterpool, has spent the past two seasons as a pro scout with the Oklahoma City Thunder. He played briefly for the Washington Wizards in the 2000-01 season going abroad to play and coach with CSKA Moscow.
Hughes served as an assistant coach with the Los Angeles Clippers from 2003-10. He finished the final 33 games of the 2009-10 season as interim head coach. He has also worked for the Denver Nuggets and Milwaukee Bucks.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13316Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11704Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5428Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5363Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4511OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4209Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3958How to help tornado victims