New computer virus targets Venezuelans after vote
The malware was designed to gain access to Venezuelans' CADIVI accounts to use their allotted dollars, Bestuzhev said.
"Being that this malware is quite simple and also targeting only Venezuelan banks and CADIVI, we can strongly assume that the cybercriminals who produced it are from Venezuela too," he wrote on the blog.
Officials at the government's currency agency and Science and Technology Ministry could not be immediately reached for comment.
Bestuzhev said the malware was detected by was "proactive crawlers," which work like a sort of search engine and are designed to hunt down malicious URLs.
Bestuzhev's blog post: http://www.securelist.com/en/blog/208193897/Stealing_currency_permits_from_the_Government
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 21059Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6693OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5627Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4676Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4297Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater