New demagogue will scar generations
Franklin Roosevelt instituted government spending programs from the beginning of his presidency and they all failed to ease the Great Depression. Unemployment grew worse. As his programs failed, he became more powerful. He had the personality of a demagogue who knew how to use it to deflect blame from his own actions onto the evil rich people, mainly Republicans. He was protected by a press that worshipped him. At a time when Stalin was murdering his own people, the liberal American press covered for him, too. After all, he was building the working man's utopia.
NewsOK Related Articles
Today we have a new demagogue who's building his power through despair, dependency and envy. Sound familiar? He'll leave us scarred for generations.
Leo Kuschnereit, MidwestCity
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 11434Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11103Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9903Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8455Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4574Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4269Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4107OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M