New Jets GM Idzik calls Revis to explain situation
"I saw Darrelle the other day and if you looked at Darrelle, I think he's going to come back and be 100 percent," Johnson said. "I don't think there's any question."
An issue in dealing Revis will be whether the Jets would be able to get what they deem is fair value for him. Whether that means getting multiple draft picks, including at least a first-rounder, is uncertain, but Revis' injury situation might hinder that a bit. Still, CBSSports.com reported Friday that several teams are "highly interested" in trading for Revis.
Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie told NFL.com Friday that the team "can't lose a guy like (Revis)." Cromartie stepped up, though, in Revis' absence and established himself as a No. 1-type cornerback — which could help soften the blow if the Jets deal Revis.
"He's a great leader in the locker room and also in our DB room, making sure that guys are accountable for each other," Cromartie told NFL.com. "To lose a guy like that would be huge. And even though he's coming off the surgery, I believe he'll come back as strong as ever."
Notes: Cromartie also weighed in on struggling QB Mark Sanchez, saying he wasn't the sole reason for the Jets' 6-10 season. "We have confidence in Mark," Cromartie said from Hawaii after practice for the Pro Bowl. "Like I've always said, even with the whole (Tim) Tebow thing, if we're going to sign Mark to a three-year extension, we need to make sure we put guys around him." Cromartie indicated that that wasn't the case for Sanchez, who was benched late in the season. "When you don't have a supporting cast around him, you're going to get an average or below-average quarterback," Cromartie said. "That's what we got."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 22333Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8521Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6853OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6505OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5318Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5086Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4091Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater