Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Driver's examination offices, tag agents and operators of driving schools had been plagued with requests from parents and others for the manuals since midsummer. But public safety officials said the agency could not afford to reprint the manuals and encouraged the public to access them online at the DPS Web site. They found funding after a public outcry for printed manuals. Funding was made available through the Oklahoma Highway Safety Office. The driver's manual displays a new front cover showing the effects of drinking and driving and law enforcement actions. The back cover lists the estimated costs of a DUI in Oklahoma.
New Oklahoma driver's manuals being delivered
The Department of Public Safety says 100,000 updated driver's manuals have been printed and delivery should be completed statewide by the end of next week.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 17743Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 11674Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10443Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 10260OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10191Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9850Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9805Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments