New Orleans Saints lifting spirits in the Big Easy
NEW ORLEANS — They ain't the Ain'ts anymore. And ain't that grand for New Orleans.
Football's once-hapless New Orleans Saints are on a roll at 11-0, lifting spirits in this hurricane-battered city four miserable, down-in-the-dumps years after Katrina. In fact, folks in the Big Easy are feeling so good about their team's chances that they are actually canceling or rearranging Mardi Gras events to keep Super Bowl Sunday clear.
“The whole city is floating right now. We're all on a cloud. Cloud nine,” said 68-year-old Lynn Compter, standing next to his mustard-yellow 1939 Chevrolet, which was decked out in fleurs de...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13704Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13572OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9488Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7226Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6986Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5704Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5041Student shot dead during botched home invasion