New Orleans shuts out RedHawks
The RedHawks' bats were asleep and their arms were struggling, leading to a blowout 8-0 loss to New Orleans on Saturday night at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
After a quick opening inning, OKC starter Armando Galarraga imploded in the second, giving up five runs on four hits. The big blow was a three-run homer from New Orleans' leadoff hitter, Kevin Mattison. It turned an average inning into a huge frame, putting the game out of reach early.
IT WAS OVER WHEN…
Luke Montz smoked a three-run double off the wall in left-center field, extending the Zephyrs' lead to eight runs. In the grand scheme, with the RedHawks' slumbering offense already down 5-0, this didn't mean much. But the blast took the RedHawks' chances from unlikely to insurmountable.
OKC STAR OF THE GAME — TYLER GROOM
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad