New owner enters NASCAR and vows to race
Davis has hired veteran Steve Hmiel as director of competition, and said he'll have a new crew chief in place by the end of the week. He's also expanded the team roster from seven employees to 13 and said more hires will be made before the season begins in February.
"Since coming on I've been learning as much as I can. What's needed, what we have, what are the weaknesses and what are the strengths," Davis said. "The weaknesses are we need more people and more money. Steve Hmiel will take care of the personnel and I'll take care of the money."
Swan Energy will be the primary sponsor, but Davis said he's in discussions with associate sponsors.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11436Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6211Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5407Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4993Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4408OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3817Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law