New weigh stations give Oklahoma roads a chance
What had been a long time coming didn't take very long to pay dividends for the state of Oklahoma. Just hours after it opened, a new high-tech weigh station identified a tractor-trailer rig that far exceeded the 80,000-pound weight limit.
NewsOK Related Articles
Here's hoping it's the first of many successes for the facility that opened last week on Interstate 35 in Kay County, just inside the line from Kansas. Fewer overweight rigs means a longer life for our highways, and they can certainly use it.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 90701Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17035OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12738Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8924Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8598Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8454How to help tornado victims
- 8359Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located