Newalla man is accused of sending obscene pictures to girl, 12
Richard L. Nelson Jr., 50, of Newalla, was arrested on multiple complaints after sending photos of his genitals and a boy's genitals to a girl he met at a medical clinic, according to Oklahoma County District Court records.
A Newalla man is accused of sending pictures of his genitals and of a boy's genitals to a 12-year-old girl, court papers show.
Richard Lee Nelson Jr., 50, started sending text messages to the girl after meeting her at a medical clinic, according to a probable cause affidavit filed Thursday in Oklahoma County District Court.
The girl's parents notified police after learning she had received inappropriate pictures from a man, an officer reported.
The girl told police she gave the man her phone number at the clinic and they started trading text messages.
The girl said he asked her to send him pictures of herself, adding that she sent him a photo of herself topless.
She said the man sent her pictures of his and the boy's genitals and then abruptly sent her messages asking her to delete “everything to do with him and not to call him ... again,” officer John Greene wrote in the affidavit.
Nelson sent the girl messages telling her if she contacted the police “he would plaster her picture all over the Internet,” the officer wrote.
On Tuesday, Nicoma Park police arrested Nelson after he confessed to sending a picture of his genitals to the girl, despite knowing she was a minor. He also admitted taking a picture of the boy's genitals and sending the picture to the girl, the affidavit states.
“His reasoning for his actions was that he was stupid and made a mistake,” the officer reported.
Nelson was arrested on multiple complaints, including distributing obscene materials to a minor and permitting a minor to participate in pornography. He was booked into the Oklahoma County jail, where he remained Thursday. Bail was set at $31,000, a jailer said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11190Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11015Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9873Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8372Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4481Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4243Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4027OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M