News 9 blood drive set for Dec. 17
Just a week before Christmas, blood donors have a chance to win one of two $1,000 gift cards, courtesy of Bank of Oklahoma. It will happen at the News 9 Holiday Blood Drive with Oklahoma Blood Institute, Monday, Dec. 17. All donors will know they have saved lives during this holiday season.
Donors are welcome from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and will get an up-close view of this active newsroom at 7401 N Kelley Ave. The station is one mile east of Interstate 235, between NW 63 and Wilshire Boulevard.
“News 9 and Bank of Oklahoma have that giving spirit,” said Dr. John Armitage, Oklahoma Blood Institute president and CEO. “They’re providing great motivation for Oklahomans to take an hour out of this busy season to personally give for those fighting for their lives.”
Every drop of blood needed by patients in all Oklahoma City-metro area hospitals and 140 other medical facilities across Oklahoma is provided by Oklahoma Blood Institute donors.
Each donor will receive a ball cap, free health screenings and Donor Rewards points, redeemable at OBI’s online store.
Healthy adults, 16 and older, are encouraged to donate*. Blood can be given every 56 days. Appointments can be scheduled by calling 1-877-340-8777, or visiting www.obi.org.
Oklahoma Blood Institute is the ninth largest, non-profit blood center in the United States.
* 16-year-olds must weigh at least 125 and provide signed parental permission, 17-year-olds must weigh at least 125 pounds, those 18 and over must weigh at least 110 pounds.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort