News Summary: AA blames loose seats on clamps
SLIPPING AWAY: American Airlines says improperly installed clamps caused seats on at least two planes to come loose in recent days.
MORE INSPECTIONS: After first saying it would inspect the seats on eight Boeing 757 planes, American said Tuesday it would check 47 planes that have the same model of seat in coach cabins.
OUTSOURCING DEBATE: The Transport Workers Union, which represents American's mechanics, blamed the fiasco on outsourcing of maintenance work by American. The planes had been worked on by a contractor, Timco Aviation Services, which declined to comment. American said it was still trying to determine who installed the clamps.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 33271Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 24362Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6895OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6548Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4476OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4156Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3398Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater