News Summary: Alibaba's Jack Ma resigns as CEO
FOUNDER RESIGNS: One of the world's most successful Internet entrepreneurs, Jack Ma, announced Tuesday he is stepping down as chief executive of Alibaba Group, the e-commerce company he founded. Ma will remain as chairman.
THE COMPANY: Alibaba Group's business-to-business Alibaba and consumer-oriented Taobao and Tmall platforms are among the world's busiest e-commerce outlets. The group manages Yahoo Inc.'s China arm.
THE MAN: Ma, a former English teacher, founded Alibaba in 1999 to link Chinese suppliers with retailers abroad. He said that at 48, he is no longer young by Internet industry standards and Alibaba needs to promote younger leaders.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 14121OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 13945Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8893Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6932Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5880Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5330Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5280Student shot dead during botched home invasion