News Summary: Bail in phone-hacking case
BAIL: Former Rupert Murdoch executive Rebekah Brooks has been granted bail until September as she awaits trial on charges of attempting to cover up evidence of phone hacking.
ABOUT THE CHARGES: Brooks was charged last month with conspiring to pervert the course of justice, which carries a maximum sentence of life in prison. Brooks has denied wrongdoing.
ABOUT BROOKS: Brooks is the former head of Murdoch's British newspaper operation. She is the most senior Murdoch ally to face charges in the phone-hacking scandal.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 11235Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 11138Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5575Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5081Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4332OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4278Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4021How to help tornado victims