News Summary: B&N chair could buy bookstores
BOOK BOSS BUYOUT Barnes & Noble founder and Chairman Leonard Riggio said Monday that he is going to try to buy the company's retail business.
CONTENTS: Riggio wants to acquire the company's stores and website, but not the business that makes the Nook e-reader or the company's college bookstores. No price was disclosed. Riggio already has a 30 percent stake in the company and is its largest shareholder.
NEXT CHAPTER: Barnes & Noble said the offer will be considered by a committee of three independent directors. But there is no set timetable for the process.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 13571Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11780Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5526Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5480Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4292Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4042How to help tornado victims