News Summary: Copper, silver declines
SLOWDOWN COMING?: The price of copper dipped as the chances of lawmakers reaching a budget deal before year end faded. If no agreement is reached a series of tax hikes and spending cuts will be implemented, measures that economists say will likely push the U.S. into a recession.
COPPER BOTTOM: Copper, which moves with the outlook for global economic growth, dropped 0.6 percent Monday and has fallen 3 percent this month.
HOLIDAY TRADING: In quiet trading before the Christmas holiday many commodities were little changed.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9606Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad