News Summary: Corn rises in light trading
WAITING GAME: Corn edged higher in light trading Tuesday before the U.S. Department of Agriculture releases a series of closely watched reports on Friday.
OFF THE RECORD: Corn has slumped 18 percent since climbing to a record last August after a drought decimated the crop. The market still doesn't seem to have recovered its energy, analysts say.
GOLD HALTS FALL: The precious metal advanced for the first time in four days, as traders speculated that a sell-off may have been overdone. Gold has fallen for six straight weeks.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 92690Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17105OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12852Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8967Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8623Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8590How to help tornado victims
- 8406Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located