News Summary: Disney's fiscal 1Q pleases Street
CROWD PLEASER: Walt Disney Co.'s stock appears headed for a new all-time high Wednesday after the company's fiscal first-quarter results turned out better than analysts hoped.
TEMPORARY LULL: The results announced for the final three months of last year included earnings that fell from the same 2011 period. But it was just a 6 percent decrease stemming from some minor headaches in Disney's television and movie operations.
COMING ATTRACTIONS: Analysts believe Disney's TV networks, movies and theme parks will thrive this year. The optimism seems likely to propel Disney's stock past its previous peak of $54.87 when trading resumes Wednesday.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 4046At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 3397Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 3003How to help tornado victims
- 2509Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 1115Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 620Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 439Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes