News Summary: Dow edges toward record
CLOSING IN: The Dow edged closer to a record, closing above 14,000 for the second time this month. The index is within 1 percent of its record close.
NO KORS FOR ALARM: Luxury clothing and accessories retailer Michael Kors surged 9 percent to $62 after reporting earnings that surpassed analysts' forecasts. The company also raised its forecast for the year ending in March.
CONFIDENCE IS KEY: Confidence in the outlook for global growth has strengthened among asset managers in recent months, according to a Bank of America Merrill Lynch survey. The poll found that 59 percent of investors believe that the global economy will strengthen in the year ahead.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 27538Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15649Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10393Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9809Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9381Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8402Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8325Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena