News Summary: Dow notches ninth straight advance
LONGEST SINCE '96: The Dow edged higher again Wednesday, extending a streak of gains to nine days, the longest in more than sixteen years.
RETAIL IS DETAIL: Stocks started the day trading lower despite a strong retail sales report for February that suggested consumers haven't yet eased up on spending, even after a tax increase kicked in at the beginning of the year.
FACEBOOK FLIX: Netflix rose the most in the Standard & Poor's 500 index, 5.6 percent, after the company said it's adding a feature that will allow subscribers in the U.S. to automatically swap movie and TV show recommendations with their friends on Facebook.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 13316Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11704Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5428Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5363Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4511OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4209Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3958How to help tornado victims