News Summary: Dow rises for seventh day running
SEVEN DAYS: The stock market crept higher Monday, pushing the Dow Jones industrial average to its seventh straight day of gains. The streak began March 1 and last Tuesday the blue-chip index blew past its all-time high.
BOEING: Boeing surged 2 percent after an executive reportedly said he's confident the aircraft maker has figured out a fix for the battery problems that have grounded the 787 Dreamliner.
FINAL SCORE: The Dow rose 50.22 points to end the day at 14,447, an increase of 0.3 percent. The Standard & Poor's 500 index edged up 5.04 points, also 0.3 percent, to close at 1,556.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims