News summary: Entrepreneurship grows with economy
ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: A study by researchers at Babson College and Baruch College found that the number of people starting or running new businesses grew 60 percent to 29 million in 2011.
FUTURE FORTUNES: Forty percent of those entrepreneurs expected to create more than five new jobs apiece in the next five years — a trend that could help the economic recovery gain momentum.
SEEMS LIKE OLD TIMES: The jump in entrepreneurship last year matched the gain registered in 2005, two years before the start of the recession.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims