News Summary: Exit from stock mutual funds in June
SHAKY CONFIDENCE: Investors in June continued to withdraw more from stock mutual funds than they deposited into them, although stocks rose 4 percent during the month. Investors withdrew a net $7.7 billion from U.S. stock funds, industry consultant Strategic Insight said. It was the fourth consecutive month that money was pulled out of stock funds.
OVERSEAS ATTRACTION: Investors deposited a net $5.4 billion last month into funds investing in foreign stocks.
BONDS HOLD APPEAL: Investors added a net $15 billion to bond funds. They have attracted cash for 10 consecutive months.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 72395Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14464Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8451Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7239How to help tornado victims
- 6453Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6316Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6292Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community