News Summary: Facebook now home to 1 billion users
ONE BILLION: More than a billion people now log into Facebook each month, up from 500 million in July 2010. In August 2008, the social network had logged 100 million users.
MOST FROM ABROAD: Most Facebook users — 81 percent — live outside of the U.S. and Canada. Many of them log on from mobile devices rather than personal computers. The company now has 600 million mobile users.
ODD VIDEO: Facebook also released a video that, somewhat abstractedly, seeks to illustrate its ubiquity and utility in connecting people. It starts off with an empty red chair suspended over a forest and later proclaims that "chairs are like Facebook."
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims