NEWS SUMMARY: Fed say economy has slowed
SLOW ECONOMY: The Federal Reserve said that the U.S. economy is losing strength with job creation slackening and consumer spending tapering off.
NO POLICY MOVES: Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke and his colleagues offered no new steps to bolster growth at the conclusion of a two-day meeting of the central bank on Wednesday.
FUTURE HELP: The Fed did signal a willingness to provide more support if the economy does not strengthen. Many economists believe the Fed will move at its September meeting to launch another round of bond buying to lower long-term interest rates as a way to bolster economic activity.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 14038Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 9697OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6648Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5284Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5183Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5164OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5129Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater