News Summary: Fidelity 401(k)s grew 4 pct in 3Q
401(k) BALANCES GROW: Fidelity Investments says the average 401(k) account balance among its accountholders rose to $75,900 at the end of September. That's up 4 percent from the average three months earlier, according to the nation's biggest 401(k) administrator.
RISING MARKET: Stocks rose nearly 6 percent during the July to September period, boosting investment returns in 401(k)s. The gain helped investors recover from a nearly 3 percent market decline in the previous quarter.
RISING CONTRIBUTIONS: The average account balance also rose because contributions from employees' paycheck deductions increased in the latest quarter, as did matching contributions from employers.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 14537OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9306Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6496Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6052Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5977Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5977Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3990As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in