News Summary: General Electric 4Q earnings rise
EMERGING GROWTH: General Electric Corp.'s earnings rose 8 percent and revenue rose 4 percent, ahead of analysts' expectations, thanks to strong growth in emerging markets and in countries that are exploiting natural resources.
GROWING PORTFOLIO: GE reported increased profits at all seven of its industrial segments, with growth topping 10 percent at four of them — oil and gas, energy management, aviation and transportation.
THE OUTLOOK: GE said its backlog of new business reached a company record of $210 billion. In a conference call with investors, CEO Jeff Immelt said he expects resurgent growth in China to continue and for the U.S. housing market to continue its steady recovery.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort