News Summary: Google to keep stockpiling cash
BULGLING WALLET: Google's chief financial officer says the Internet search leader wants to keep stockpiling cash in case it sees an appealing acquisition opportunity or other promising investment. Patrick Pichette's comments at a Thursday technology conference made it clear that Google shareholders shouldn't be expecting a dividend in the near future.
BREAKING IT DOWN: Google has $48 billion in cash, including $31.4 billion outside the U.S.
HOT TOPIC: Companies' money-management policies are coming under scrutiny as more firms hoard cash instead of rewarding their shareholders with dividends. Apple Inc. is under great pressure to do something because its bank account now holds a whopping $137 billion.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes