News Summary: Hostess to mediate with union
LET'S TALK TWINKIES: Hostess Brands Inc. and its second largest union agreed Monday to mediation, meaning the company won't go out of business just yet.
HOPE FOR HO HO'S: The maker of Twinkies, Ding Dongs and Ho Ho's said it doesn't have much wiggle room and that an agreement will be needed by Tuesday night. CEO Greg Rayburn noted it's costing Hostess $1 million a day in payroll costs alone.
SWEET SUCCESS? Members of the Bakery, Confectionary, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union weren't present at the meeting. Their lawyer wouldn't predict how the talks might go.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort