News Summary: Inflation fears drive rise in gold
ALL THAT GLITTERS: The price of gold jumped more than 2 percent, and silver more than 4 percent, after Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke promised to take more action to try to boost the U.S. economy.
WHAT BEN IS THINKING: When the Fed steps in to try to spur the economy, its actions carry the risk of inflation. Many investors view gold as a way to protect themselves from rising prices.
WATCHING SOUTH AFRICA: The price of platinum climbed nearly 2 percent. Violent strikes at mines in South Africa have sent platinum prices higher for the past month.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in