News Summary: Momentum building for airline merger
WING MEN: The board of American Airlines parent AMR Corp. will meet to consider whether the company should merge with US Airways or remain independent, but a decision is unlikely this week.
MOMENTUM TAKING OFF: Analysts say recent events have made a merger more likely. They cite a run-up in US Airways' stock price and a pending agreement on how pilots from the two airlines would be combined into one workforce.
WHO'S NO. 1? If there is a merger, the combined company would rival United Airlines as the world's biggest carrier while leapfrogging over No. 2 Delta Air Lines.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 81977Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32354Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 27598Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 23828Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 15915Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 8307Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7696Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?