News Summary: Pandora refreshes apps
CHANGES: Internet radio company Pandora is adding more functionality to its mobile apps — showing lyrics and artist information and making it easier to share self-crafted stations with friends. Pandora is essentially bringing the features of its website to users of its apps for Apple and Android mobile devices.
TIMING: The app for iPhones is being released Monday, while an Android version is expected to follow soon. Pandora also said it is releasing a version for Microsoft's Windows Phone 8 early next year.
THE BACKDROP: It comes as Pandora and other companies intensify efforts to lure mobile advertising dollars.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in