News summary: P&G to cut more jobs, buy back stock
THE NEWS: Consumer products giant Procter & Gamble Co. said Thursday it plans to cut more jobs and increase share repurchases.
THE CONTEXT: P&G faces increasing investor pressure to improve its results. It is working on a turnaround plan focusing on its most profitable categories and countries.
WHAT'S NEXT: P&G said it will add to its plan of cutting 10 percent on non-manufacturing jobs by June 2013, eliminating an additional 2 percent to 4 percent of such jobs between 2014 and 2016.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 52918Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 35454Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32552Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8890Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 7405Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 5405Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4121OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins