News Summary: Professional Chinese hackers
9-TO-5: Internet experts say the persistence of Chinese hacking attacks point to the employ of professional cyberspies. Hacker teams regularly began work, for the most part, at 8 a.m. Beijing time. And Chinese hackers take the weekend off.
THE BACKGROUND: Accusations of state-sanctioned hacking took center stage this past week following a detailed report by a U.S.-based Internet security firm Mandiant. That fueled growing suspicion that the Chinese military is stealing national defense secrets, harassing dissidents and pilfering information from foreign companies that could be worth millions of dollars
DENIAL: Beijing hotly denies such accusations of official involvement in massive cyberattacks against foreign targets.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 10394Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9157Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5761Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4888Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4371Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4162How to help tornado victims
- 4108Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley