News Summary: S&P 500 ends week at a 5-year high
DECEMBER JOBS: Stocks headed higher, capping a good week, after a report showed that hiring held up in December during the tense fiscal negotiations in Washington, with U.S. employers adding 155,000 jobs.
FIVE-YEAR HIGH: Stocks moved up at the end of the day pushing the Standard & Poor's to its highest close in five years.
GOOD START: Stocks got the year off to a strong start, surging after lawmakers came up with a long-awaited budget agreement. The plan wasn't perfect, but it was enough to keep stop the U.S. going over the "fiscal cliff" and, in all likelihood, another recession.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 66578Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31563Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 30900Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 17837Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 7407Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6371Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4655Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond