News Summary: Sprint posts big 4Q loss
FLAT LOSS: Sprint Nextel Corp. posted a net loss of $1.3 billion for the fourth quarter, nearly unchanged from the year before. Revenue rose 3.2 percent to $9 billion.
DEALMAKING: Investors are overlooking short-term results for now, since Sprint has struck a deal to sell 70 percent of itself to Japan's Softbank Corp. for $20 billion. That deal is expected to close this summer.
THE NETWORK: Sprint is performing a crucial, yearslong upgrade to improve data speeds on its network and reduce operating costs. On Thursday, the executive in charge said the project is on track.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say