News Summary: Stocks turn higher after 2 down days
U-TURN ON THE MARKET: U.S. stocks rose on Wednesday, boosted by pockets of encouraging company news, after two days of losses.
READY FOR TAKEOFF?: Airplane maker Boeing rose the most of any company in the Dow index. Shares had fallen for two days because of safety concerns about the 787 Dreamliner, but the company said Wednesday it has confidence in the plane, and investors rallied behind it.
GETTING SCHOOLED: Apollo Group, the for-profit education company, dipped nearly 8 percent after reporting a sharp drop in student sign-ups for the fall term.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 17700Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8160OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6156Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6118Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5947OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4682Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4603Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater