News Summary: Stumbles cost American Airlines
LATE AGAIN: Among the five biggest U.S. airlines, American Airlines had the worst rating for on-time arrivals in September. The airline accused some pilots of an illegal work slowdown stemming from a labor dispute; the pilots' union denied it.
FLIGHT NUMBERS: FlightStats Inc. says 59.1 percent of American's flights last month were within 15 minutes of their scheduled arrival. Among the biggest carriers, Delta was tops at 88.8 percent and US Airways was next at 87.2 percent.
CANCELED TRIPS: American also led the Big Five in canceled flights with 1,391, or 2.6 percent of its September schedule, according to FlightStats.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 14121OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 13945Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8893Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6932Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5880Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5330Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5280Student shot dead during botched home invasion