News Summary: Treasury sells its final AIG shares
FINAL SHARES SOLD: The Treasury Department said Tuesday that it has sold all of its remaining shares of American International Group Inc. That wrapped up the government's biggest bailout of the 2008 financial crisis.
SHARE PRICE: Treasury said it received $32.50 per share for its 234.2 million remaining shares. The shares represented a 16 percent ownership stake in the giant insurance company.
A TIDY PROFIT: Treasury said the government has received $22.7 billion more than the $182 billion it provided to bail out AIG during the crisis.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 20967Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17573Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12128Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9661Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9194Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8604Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8594Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense