News Summary: Twitter to pull racist posts
BLOCKS: Twitter has agreed to pull racist and anti-Semitic tweets under a pair of French hash tags. A Jewish group says the agreement came after it threatened to sue the social network for running afoul of national laws against hate speech.
ABOUT THE TWEETS: The anti-Semitic tweets in French, which started Oct. 10, included slurs and photos evoking the Holocaust, including one of a pile of ash and another of an emaciated Holocaust victim. They were followed by offensive, anti-Muslim tweets.
ELSEWHERE: A day earlier, Twitter bowed to German law and blocked an account of a banned neo-Nazi group there.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad