News Summary: VeriSign restricted on .com fee hike
APPROVAL: The federal government has cleared VeriSign Inc. to manage the databases that house ".com" domain names for another six years.
THE CATCH: The company won't be allowed to raise prices without approval. Such a guarantee had been in a contract that expires Friday.
ABOUT THE DATABASE: VeriSign's ".com" directories are used by millions of computers and mobile devices around the world to locate websites and send email to addresses ending in ".com."
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims