News Summary: Wendy's 4Q adj. profit tops Street
NEW YORK (AP) — MIXED RESULTS: Wendy's reported fourth-quarter earnings that topped Wall Street estimates but a 2 percent rise in revenue came up short of expectations. It reaffirmed its earnings guidance for fiscal 2013.
KEY FIGURE: The hamburger chain said Wednesday that revenue at company-run North American restaurants open at least 15 months and remodeled restaurants reopened at least three straight months slipped 0.2 percent. The figure for franchised restaurants fell 0.6 percent.
WHERE'S THE BEEF?: Earlier this month Wendy's announced that it was switching to a "Right Price Right Size" value menu that includes items ranging from 99 cents to $1.99. The menu replaced its 99-cent value menu. The revamped menu is intended to give budget-minded diners more options, while giving Wendy's more flexibility on pricing.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 99664Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16608OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13275Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8705Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8419Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8235How to help tornado victims
- 7896Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort