News Summary: Workers see more insurance choices
NEW COVERAGE APPROACH: More employers are considering a change in how they provide health coverage for their workers. Instead of offering a plan or two for employees, some companies are giving their workers a credit or fixed sum of money to buy their own insurance.
HOW IT WORKS: This approach can vary widely. Some companies offer a few coverage choices, others send workers to exchanges that give them more than a dozen options.
WHO IS DOING IT: Sears Holding Corp. and Darden Restaurants Inc. are among employers making the switch. Benefits consultant Aon Hewitt is one of several companies developing an exchange.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 36331Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15449Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9864Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9824Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9353Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7992Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7895Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister