News Summary: Yahoo stock extends recent rally
MINOR MILESTONE: Yahoo's stock price touched $19 for the first time in more than two and half years Monday, before ending the session up 1 percent at $18.75.
ON THE REBOUND: The gain extended a rally that started about two months ago after Yahoo Inc. CEO Marissa Mayer pledged to use most of the money from a recent $4.3 billion windfall to buy back the company's stock. The long-slumping shares have climbed by about 20 percent since that commitment.
HIGH HOPES: More investors are starting to believe Mayer, a respected executive hired away from Google Inc. in July, will be able to turn around the troubled Internet company.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 46837Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15035Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9615Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8305Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8125Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7398Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7351Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena