Oklahoma Health & Medical News
Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy uses shock waves to break a kidney stone into smaller passable pieces.
Warning: This story might make you rethink swimming in public pools this summer. More than half of the public pools tested in a new study contained bacterial evidence of feces in the water, according to The Orlando Sentinel.
Oklahoma public health workers — aware of our increasing global society — are keeping an eye on a bird flu virus known as H7N9. So far, it has been contained to China.
Top Health Headlines
Videoview all videos
May 17In this week's Bundle of Wellness, learn how to shop for...
May 15Oklahoma public health workers — aware of our...
May 15Living with arthritis affects millions, but did you know...
May 10Dr. Justin Ramsey started at The Children's Center in...
May 10Breakthroughs in research, advances in speech therapy and...
May 10Dr. Rene McNall-Knapp, a pediatric cancer specialist at...
More NewsOK Health Blog
- How to help tornado victims
- Edmond firefighters, police officers to compete in baseball game to benefit John Werhun's family
- Vilanova returning to NY for more cancer treatment
- St. Anthony cancer institute in Oklahoma City offers art experience
- 14-year term for Calif. doc promising cancer cure
- Dickie V nears $10M milestone in cancer crusade
- Celebrities react to Jolie's mastectomy revelation
FITNESS & NUTRITION
- Study Suggests Creation of Gun Violence Database
- Managing arthritis can keep more Oklahomans on their feet
- Skin Cancer Preventable With Proper Sunscreen
- 5 things Oklahomans should remember about 'The Biggest Loser' before they audition this Saturday
- Simple Strategies Keys to Combat Alzheimer's
- Disorders, Poor Habits Can Obstruct Good Sleep
- New health center offers help to one of Oklahoma City's poorest neighborhoods
- Bethany boy, 8, returns home after seven-year stay at care facility
- 'M.A.S.H.' regular Allan Arbus dies at 95
- Q&A: Heart disease kills more women than cancer
- Healthy eating, exercise reduce heart disease risks for Oklahomans, expert says
- Can't make it to the doctor? Go to Walmart
- Fitness tips for Feb. 19
- More women arrested for pain pills stresses jails
- Maley recommends ways to combat painkiller abuse
- ALA county cracking down on prenatal drug exposure
- NH firefighters urge House to pass casino bill
- NATIONAL INSTITUTE ON ALCOHOL ABUSE AND ALCOHOLISM, NATIONAL INS
- W.Va. resort offering help to drug-convicted women
- State Drug Court conference to be held in Tunica
FLU & PNEUMONIA
- Flu season continues to dwindle in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma's flu season isn't over, health officials say
- Reported cases of flu decline in Oklahoma
- Flu activity continues to decrease in Oklahoma
- Flu deaths in Oklahoma hold steady for week, officials say
- Four more Oklahomans die from flu; total now at 30
- Oklahoma reports season's first death of child caused by flu
- Remembering Theo: Oklahoma City mother raises awareness in memory of son
- Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- Iraq War veteran's Midwest City home is remodeled in honor of service
- Garfield County man faces federal gun charge
- Will Fame Buy Me Love?
- Oklahomans exploring Italian archaeology
- Oklahoma moves ahead with prison reform plans
Health know it Links View all
- 5 medication-free strategies to help prevent heart disease
- Heart disease prevention: What you can do
- ABCs of preventing heart disease, stroke and heart attack
- Symptoms of heart disease
- What is high blood pressure?
- High blood cholesterol: What you need to know
- Oklahoma Drug and Alcohol Rehab Programs and Addiction Treatment Centers
- Find an Alcohol and Drug Rehab Center
- Oklahoma Drug Rehab
- Anorexia Treatment -- Find a Treatment Center
- Oklahoma Drug Treatment Centers
- Glossary of Terms
- General breast cancer information
- Breast Cancer And Pregnancy
- Susan G. Komen website
- National Breast Cancer Foundation
- OU Cancer Institute
- After cancer diagnosis, what comes next?
FLU & PNEUMONIA
- All the Facts on Pneumonia
- Pneumonia Facts
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Pneumonia?
- Pneumonia Symptoms
- What to Do for Colds and Flu
- How To Treat the Flu
FITNESS & NUTRITION
- Strategies for Better Nutrition
- Tips to Healthy Eating
- How to Create a Workout Schedule
- Knowing the Basics of Fitness
- Nutrition Basics
- How to Create a Meal Plan
- Mental Health Diseases and Conditions
- Causes of Mental Illness and Mental Health Problems Treatment
- Common mental health issues
- What are the Warning Signs of Mental Illness? Adults & Children
- Toll Free HotLines in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services