• Videos: second, for "Stories of the Ages: Depression Era Gangsters." And, honorable mention, for the sports special: "OU Football Preview: It's better to receive."
• Best Use of Multimedia: honorable mention, for "Stories of the Ages: Depression Era Gangsters."
• Best Local Story: third, for the series about Oklahoma politicians who tried to keep secret the birth dates of public employees.
• Feature Photography: honorable mention, for Sarah Phipps' photo of a prayer service at a correctional center.
• Print Quality (Over 100,000 circulation category): second, The Oklahoman.
The competition includes a large number of newspapers in at least 25 states.