NewsOK's Lindsay Houts tours India as part of cultural exchange program
Lindsay Houts, one of NewsOK's editors, got dressed up in a beaded and embroidered shirt, scarf and shoes in India, where she is spending a month as part of the Rotary International's Global Study Exchange for young professionals.
Read about henna tattoos known as “mehndi” in India, marigolds, dinner parties, weddings, visits to farms, a steel manufacturing plant and other businesses and her experience with Indian hospitality as she chronicles her journey online at http://blog.NewsOK.com/lindsay-houts. For a moment, she wondered if she had gotten married in Punjab as she celebrated other weddings with her host families.
Follow her on Twitter @alamokie as well for updates and look for her videos on NewsOK.com.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 21139Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17655Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12237Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9661Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9306Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8802Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8735Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater