Share “Newtown residents upset about NRA robocalls”

Newtown residents upset about NRA robocalls

Published on NewsOK Modified: March 26, 2013 at 1:43 am •  Published: March 26, 2013
Advertisement

Wayne LaPierre, executive vice president of the NRA, has said his organization supports getting the records of those adjudicated mentally incompetent and dangerous into the background check system for gun dealers and beefed up penalties for illegal third-party purchases and gun trafficking.

Shortly after the Newtown shooting, LaPierre also called for armed security guards in schools.

A 20-year-old gunman killed 26 students and educators and himself at Sandy Hook on Dec. 14, after having shot his mother to death at their Newtown home.

Another Newtown resident, Christopher Wenis, told The Huffington Post that he received three of the NRA's robocalls last week.

"I've got a 5-year-old son who went to preschool on the Sandy Hook Elementary School campus," Wenis said. "And this was a really hard week for me on a lot of levels. These calls were the very last thing I needed."